Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 96 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 5 | Podcast Episode
Take flight with Emily as she highlights books about historical figures in aviation and chats with Candace Fleming, author of Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 6 | Student Interactive | Inquiry & Analysis
Supporting inquiry-based research projects, the Animal Inquiry interactive invites elementary students to explore animal facts and habitats using writing prompts to guide and record their findings.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Assessing Student Interests and Strengths
In this Strategy Guide, you’ll learn about a number of specific methods that can help you to gain a fuller picture of the interests of your students as well as what your students understand, know, and can demonstrate by doing.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Audience & Purpose: Evaluating Disney's Changes to the Hercules Myth
What drives changes to classic myths and fables? In this lesson students evaluate the changes Disney made to the myth of "Hercules" in order to achieve their audience and purpose.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  July 11
Author E.B. White was born on this day in 1899.
Author E.B. White, most well-known for his famous children's book, Charlotte's Web, received high acclaim and awards for many of his works of fiction.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 2 – 6 | Activity & Project
Batter Up! Telling Sports Stories With Trading Cards
Summer is the time for baseball! Through the retelling of the1941 baseball season, children will see two legendary players as characters and can create trading cards that highlight these players.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Bio Cube is a useful summarizing tool that helps students identify and list key elements about a person for a biography or autobiography.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Blending the Past with Today’s Technology: Using Prezi to Prepare for Historical Fiction
To prepare for literature circles featuring historical novels, students research the decades of the 1930s to the 1990s and share their information using Prezi, a web application for creating multimedia presentations.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
“Blind Date with a Book”: Creating Lifelong Readers
This multi-lesson learning project encourages students to read engaging texts at their grade level and also works to promote habitual, independent reading in all students.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Brainstorming and Reviewing Using the Carousel Strategy
This strategy guide introduces Carousel Brainstorming, also known as Rotating Review, and offers suggestions to implement this technique in your classroom for brainstorming about new topics or reviewing learned information.