Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 23 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  October 25
Artist Pablo Picasso was born on this day in 1881.
Students view a Picasso piece, write their impressions, and share. Students can create their own Picasso-style art using the interactive Picassohead.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 23
Author Laurie Halse Anderson was born today.
Laurie Halse Anderson, the New York Times-bestselling author who is known for tackling tough subjects with humor and sensitivity, was born on this day in 1961.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 1
Author Tim O’Brien was born on this day.
After reading O’Brien’s story “A True War Story” from The Things They Carried, students choose a powerful event from their own lives and map it using the Timeline Tool. They then create a fictional version of this event.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 17
Black Poetry Day is celebrated.
Books and webpages are gathered that focus on the work of African American poets and students explore the resources and find a poem to contribute to a poetry reading.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  October 31
Students research information on Halloween, create masks or costumes from a text they are reading, or write a narrative essay describing their best Halloween ever.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 20
Celebrate the National Day on Writing!
Students examine the different ways that they write and think about the role writing plays in life.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  October 13
Columbus Day is recognized today.
Students create a class or individual "Book of Privileges" based on accomplishments that students have achieved and the rewards they have received as a result of their work.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 16
Dictionary author Noah Webster was born in 1758.
Students play a variation of the game Balderdash to practice vocabulary.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 28
Dr. Jonas Salk, who developed the polio vaccine, was born in 1914.
After learning about Dr. Salk, students interview a family member or someone they know who remembers the polio epidemic.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  October 4
Edward Stratemeyer, creator of book series such as Nancy Drew, was born on this day in 1862.
Students select several books from one of Stratemeyer's series to read, discuss shared elements in the books, and use the 3-Circle Venn Diagram to compare story elements.