Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 18 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 25
A Christmas Carol was the first book transmitted over radio!
Students write a script for A Christmas Carol on a level that primary students can read and perform. Older students record the performance and create a website to showcase photographs.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  December 11
Astronomer Annie Jump Cannon was born today.
Students research a constellation and share their learning using an interactive or mobile app.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  December 19
Author Eve Bunting was born in Ireland in 1928.
Students listen to a news article about the LA race riots and then read Smoky Night to discuss how a younger observer might be affected by these events and their perceptions.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 9
Author Joel Chandler Harris was born in 1848.
Students study how regional dialect is written phonetically by reading a segment of Harris' story, as well as two others, and compare them using the Interactive Venn Diagram.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 23
Avi was born in 1937.
After reading Nothing But the Truth, students explore a current event topic and write their own short work of fiction in a similar multigenre format.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 15
Bill of Rights Day is observed.
Students identify a students' rights issue and explore the ways in which the Bill of Rights does protect and does not protect students.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 2
David Macaulay was born in 1946.
Students use the Multigenre Mapper interactive to explore Macaulay's use of multiple genres by composing original multigenre texts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  December 3
Dr. Christian Barnard performed the first human heart transplant.
Students talk about the causes of heart disease and the role that diet and exercise play. Then, students find healthy dessert recipes and vote on one dessert to make in class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 3
Frederick Douglass began publication of The North Star today in 1847.
Students read and discuss an editorial written by Frederick Douglass and then write the opening editorial for a contemporary publication devoted to a social cause important to them.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  December 22
It's Winter in the Northern Hemisphere!
Students brainstorm words or images that they associate with winter, select and read a picture book about winter, and compare the two using the interactive Venn Diagram.
page | 1 2