Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 23 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 20
Actor Sidney Poitier was born in 1924.
Students do a journal entry about barriers that have been broken,such as age, race, and gender, that might impede them in the future, and how they can break through those barriers.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 9
Author Alice Walker was born on February 9, 1944.
After students read the novel The Color Purple, dialect is discussed and students write a short piece of fiction or poetry using the dialect of their peer group.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 9 | Calendar Activity |  February 12
Author Jacqueline Woodson was born today.
Students read the poem “February 12, 1963” and write a poem to commemorate their own birthday.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 8 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 9
Author Matt de la Peña was born today.
Students use an essay by de la Peña as a model for writing their own literacy autobiography.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 1
Celebrate Children's Authors and Illustrators Week
Students "step into the shoes" of their favorite author by reading several of their books, conducting research, and preparing displays and presentations for the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 17
Celebrate Digital Learning Day today.
Students reflect on recent learning and the role digital tools and media have played in supporting or enhancing it.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 5
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 23
Diarist Samuel Pepys was born.
Students write diary entries and revisit the entries as if it were a hundred years from now. Students then brainstorm and write paragraphs about life in the 21st century.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  February 2
Groundhog Day is February 2.
A celebration is held for Groundhog day where students engage in a shadow-watching activity, make predictions, and listen to news reports to compare what happens with Punxsutawney Phil.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 21
Humorist Erma Bombeck was born in 1927.
Using lines from Bombeck's newspaper column, students identify allusive or satirical humor. Older students can rewrite the passages for a different audience.