Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 21 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 6
Author Gabriel García Márquez was born on this day.
Students take place in a collaborative creative writing activity to begin to understand the hallmarks of the literary style known as magical realism.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 15
Beware the Ides of March!
Students discuss and categorize superstitions, define a superstition, and compare the similarities and difference between proverbs and superstitions.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 30
Black Beauty author Anna Sewell was born in 1820.
Through Sewell's novel, students explore the cruelty to animals and extend the discussion to current events, eventually presenting the information.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 24
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof premiered in New York in 1955.
Students are introduced to the characteristics of drama, read a chapter from a novel the class has read, and create a script from the chapter that they will present to the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  March 25
Celebrate Kate DiCamillo's birthday today.
After examining the characters in one of DiCamillo's stories, students write original short stories featuring animals as central characters.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 10
Celebrate Teen Tech Week!
Students select a topic for research using a variety of technologies and practice citing media sources. They can create their report in an electronic medium such as a CD, podcast, or video.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 31
César Chávez was born on this day in 1927.
Students work in small groups to research a civil rights leader and do a creative writing piece, followed by a short story, with their group.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 11
Ezra Jack Keats was born on this day in 1916.
In celebration of Keats' birthday, students write stories that include some characters from Keats' books and practice using collage techniques with the Collage Machine.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 1
March is National Women's History Month.
A scrapbook highlighting the accomplishments of famous American women is created as a class using the Alphabet Organizer and Bio-Cube.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 3
Music in Our Schools Month is in March.
Students explore the effects of music on a story by reading a story, novel, or play, viewing the musical version, and comparing the two. Students can then select a text read in class and create a musical adaptation.