Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 24 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 1
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month is in May!
Students consider the portrayal of Asians in popular culture by exploring images from classic and contemporary films and comparing them to historical and cultural reference materials.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 23
Author Scott O'Dell was born on this day.
Students select a set of books to read and compare fiction and nonfiction books and discuss their findings as a class. Students can follow up by writing short stories about the topics they explored.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 8
Celebrate blues legend Robert Johnson's birthday.
Students learn about blues music and brainstorm subjects that might give them "the blues." Finally, they write their own blues lyrics and have the option to perform.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  May 2
Celebrate National Children's Book Week!
Children show support for their favorite Children's Choice Book award finalist by designing a promotional book cover.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 20
Charles Lindbergh began his transatlantic flight in 1927.
Students consider what is meant by the phrase "Human Hero," think of people who fit into the category, and read a biography of a selected hero.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 19
Malcolm X was born in Nebraska in 1925.
Students write about the origin of their name and explore the names that Malcolm X used during this life.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 1
May is Get Caught Reading Month!
Students celebrate Get Caught Reading Month by doing a reading-related service project such as planning an intergenerational reading day or organizing a book drive.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 25
Memorial Day is observed in the United States today.
Observed on the last Monday of May, Memorial Day honors the men and women who died while serving in the United States military. In addition to having celebrations with family and friends, many people visit cemeteries and memorials and place flags on the grave sites of fallen servicemen and women.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 22
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood premiered in 1967.
After thinking about TV shows, books, and movies from their childhood, students write about what they remember and revisit how they feel about it at an older age.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 3
National Public Radio began broadcasting in 1971.
Students make predictions about the content of some of NPR's programs, then listen to the programs and report on the contents and discuss with the class.