Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 17 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 12
Anne Frank received her famous diary in 1942.
Students learn about eyewitness reports through a lesson that is grade-level appropriate. Then, groups use primary source documents and research an event using eyewitness accounts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  June 15
Brian Jacques, author of the Redwall series, was born in 1939.
After students have read one of Brian Jacques' Redwall stories, a class newspaper is created based on the story.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 8 | Calendar Activity |  June 6
Celebrate Cynthia Rylant's birthday!
Students work in small groups or as a class to map the plot of a selected Cynthia Rylant story and create original literary works using the plot diagrams.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 19
Students use the Venn Diagram to compare Juneteenth celebrations to Fourth of July celebrations and hypothesize about the differences.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 21
Celebrate the first day of summer with summer reading.
Families are invited to a June literacy fair to end the school year and get students on the right track for the summer.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  June 25
Children's book author Eric Carle was born on this day in 1929.
After reading one of Eric Carle's books, students create a torn paper collage or a word collage.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 1
CNN debuted as the first television news network in 1980.
Students brainstorm a list of modern news sources and from previous centuries. Groups then research one of these sources and create a timeline showing the evolution of news.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 8
Commercial ice cream is first sold in the U.S. in 1786.
After finding advertisements from the past, students evaluate them and discuss how ads have changed over the years. Students then create an advertisement for a new flavor of ice cream.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  June 29
David Wiesner's book June 29, 1999 showcases this day.
Students explore the delightful illustrations in Wiesner's book and identify elements that make the emotions in the story obvious to someone reading the book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 28
Esther Forbes, author of Johnny Tremain, was born in 1891.
Students explore the genre of historical fiction by writing original works and comparing all of the finished pieces.
page | 1 2