Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 23 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 8
Celebrate International Literacy Day!
Celebrate International Literacy Day by starting a literacy movement in your community.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 23
Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas, was integrated in 1957.
After viewing some footage from the actual event, students jot down thoughts and feelings of the Little Rock Nine. Students then write a bio-poem that might have been written by one of these students on this historic day.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 16
Constitution Day is observed today in the U.S.
Students explore an annotated online version of the Constitution before sharing what they learned about one aspect of the document through the Trading Card interactive.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 30
Elie Wiesel was born on September 30, 1928.
Students compare and contrast two views of the Holocaust from different authors. Students may also research stories of other survivors who may or may not be published and create a presentation on this survivor.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 24
F. Scott Fitzgerald, author of The Great Gatsby, was born in 1896.
After reading The Great Gatsby, students work in pairs, select a chapter from the novel, and rewrite it from the point of view of a different character.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 24
Get ready to celebrate Banned Books Week!
Students brainstorm reasons why certain books might have been banned and discuss common reasons why books are challenged.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 4
Google was formally incorporated this week in 1998.
Students are guided in an exploration of search tools and have a discussion about the purposes, benefits, and disadvantages of each.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 15
Hispanic Heritage Month begins today.
Students brainstorm all the various aspects of Hispanic culture and compile topics to research. Groups then research topics and present their information to the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 5
In 1952, Paul Fleischman was born on this day.
Some of Fleishman's memories in his essay "My House of Voices" are shared with the class. Students then write a descriptive essay that gives a tour of the voices in their homes, school, etc.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  September 26
John Chapman, better known as Johnny Appleseed, was born in 1775.
Students use the Timeline Tool to organize details about Chapman's life, the Venn Diagram to organize information, and the Shape Poems Interactive to create poems about apples or Johnny Appleseed.