Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 50 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 25
A Christmas Carol was the first book transmitted over radio!
Students write a script for A Christmas Carol on a level that primary students can read and perform. Older students record the performance and create a website to showcase photographs.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  July 16
African American journalist Ida B. Wells was born in 1862.
Students brainstorm a list of human rights issues, research their group's issue in depth, examine the way journalists cover a story, and create articles for a classroom newspaper.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 12
Anne Frank received her famous diary in 1942.
Students learn about eyewitness reports through a lesson that is grade-level appropriate. Then, groups use primary source documents and research an event using eyewitness accounts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  October 25
Artist Pablo Picasso was born on this day in 1881.
Students view a Picasso piece, write their impressions, and share. Students can create their own Picasso-style art using the interactive Picassohead.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 1
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month is in May!
Students consider the portrayal of Asians in popular culture by exploring images from classic and contemporary films and comparing them to historical and cultural reference materials.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  December 19
Author Eve Bunting was born in Ireland in 1928.
Students listen to a news article about the LA race riots and then read Smoky Night to discuss how a younger observer might be affected by these events and their perceptions.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  June 15
Brian Jacques, author of the Redwall series, was born in 1939.
After students have read one of Brian Jacques' Redwall stories, a class newspaper is created based on the story.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 13
Celebrate Digital Learning Day today.
Students reflect on recent learning and the role digital tools and media have played in supporting or enhancing it.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 4
Celebrate John Vennís Birthday!
Students celebrate the birth of English logician, philosopher, and creator of the Venn Diagram by building community within the classroom by comparing and contrasting likes, dislikes, and characteristics about one another.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 8
Celebrate Teen Tech Week!
The purpose of Teen Tech Week is to ensure that teens are competent and ethical users of technologies, especially those that are offered through libraries.