Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 19 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  July 11
Author E.B. White was born on this day in 1899.
Author E.B. White, most well-known for his famous children's book, Charlotte's Web, received high acclaim and awards for many of his works of fiction.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 9 | Calendar Activity |  February 12
Author Jacqueline Woodson was born today.
Students read the poem “February 12, 1963” and write a poem to commemorate their own birthday.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 8 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 9
Author Matt de la Peña was born today.
Students use an essay by de la Peña as a model for writing their own literacy autobiography.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  June 15
Brian Jacques, author of the Redwall series, was born in 1939.
After students have read one of Brian Jacques' Redwall stories, a class newspaper is created based on the story.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  July 19
Children's publisher John Newbery was born in 1713.
Each student chooses a book that is special and writes a short story about why it deserves special mention. Students can plan the pages of their own stories and then make a Stapleless Book or use the ReadWriteThink Printing Press.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 8
Commercial ice cream is first sold in the U.S. in 1786.
After finding advertisements from the past, students evaluate them and discuss how ads have changed over the years. Students then create an advertisement for a new flavor of ice cream.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 22
Composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim was born today.
Students examine the painting that inspired Sondheim's Pulitzer-prize winning musical and then create a story of their own based on image they choose.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 24
Gold was discovered in California in 1848.
Students read letters from the Gold Rush and follow up by writing an imaginary letter to a family member about their experience using the Letter Generator.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  July 12
Henry David Thoreau was born in 1817.
Students make mental "snapshots" of a natural setting, then capture the details of their setting by writing and then creating a class booklet of the nature walk.
page | 1 2