Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 26 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 5
Author Amy Tan was born today in 1952
Students watch an excerpt of an interview with Tan and apply some of her principles to writing a story of their own.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  July 11
Author E.B. White was born on this day in 1899.
Author E.B. White, most well-known for his famous children's book, Charlotte's Web, received high acclaim and awards for many of his works of fiction.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 9 | Calendar Activity |  February 12
Author Jacqueline Woodson was born today.
Students read the poem “February 12, 1963” and write a poem to commemorate their own birthday.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 8 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 9
Author Matt de la Peña was born today.
Students use an essay by de la Peña as a model for writing their own literacy autobiography.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  June 15
Brian Jacques, author of the Redwall series, was born in 1939.
After students have read one of Brian Jacques' Redwall stories, a class newspaper is created based on the story.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 3
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  July 19
Children's publisher John Newbery was born in 1713.
Each student chooses a book that is special and writes a short story about why it deserves special mention. Students can plan the pages of their own stories and then make a Stapleless Book or use the ReadWriteThink Printing Press.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 8
Commercial ice cream is first sold in the U.S. in 1786.
After finding advertisements from the past, students evaluate them and discuss how ads have changed over the years. Students then create an advertisement for a new flavor of ice cream.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 22
Composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim was born today.
Students examine the painting that inspired Sondheim's Pulitzer-prize winning musical and then create a story of their own based on image they choose.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 3
Frederick Douglass began publication of The North Star today in 1847.
Students read and discuss an editorial written by Frederick Douglass and then write the opening editorial for a contemporary publication devoted to a social cause important to them.