Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 16 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  July 16
African American journalist Ida B. Wells was born in 1862.
Students brainstorm a list of human rights issues, research their group's issue in depth, examine the way journalists cover a story, and create articles for a classroom newspaper.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 12
Anne Frank received her famous diary in 1942.
Students learn about eyewitness reports through a lesson that is grade-level appropriate. Then, groups use primary source documents and research an event using eyewitness accounts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 8
Commercial ice cream is first sold in the U.S. in 1786.
After finding advertisements from the past, students evaluate them and discuss how ads have changed over the years. Students then create an advertisement for a new flavor of ice cream.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  July 31
J.K. Rowling and her Harry Potter celebrate birthdays today.
Students are encouraged to think about why people challenge Harry Potter books, do a Web Quest that allows them to research the issue, and decide whether the books should be banned from the public library.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 30
Jonathan Swift was born on this day in 1667.
Students explore satire and parody in television and film, advertising, and journalism and create a display that highlights their findings.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 18
Montgomery Ward published the first mail-order catalog in 1872.
Students explore how and why catalogs have changed over the years and compare their findings about printed catalogs with online catalogs.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  April 24
On this day in 1800, Congress approved the purchase of books to start the Library of Congress.
Students practice and refine research skills by visiting the Library of Congress website and conducting a research project.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  April 5
Pocahontas married John Rolfe on this date in 1614.
Students read "The Chieftan's Daughter" and are shown the fresco that tells the legend of Pocahontas. A class discussion follows regarding fact and fiction and students research Pocahontas.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 19
Poet and author Pat Mora was born on this day in 1942.
Students study and write extended metaphors through the use of Pat Mora's book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 22
The "1984" Macintosh commercial aired today during Super Bowl XVIII.
Original advertisements are created after students review advertising techniques they've studied.
page | 1 2