Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 26 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  July 5
Annual fence-painting contests take place in Hannibal, Missouri.
A scene from one of Twain's works is chosen and students map the story setting using the Story Map. Setting is then discussed as a class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 6
Author Gabriel García Márquez was born on this day.
Students take place in a collaborative creative writing activity to begin to understand the hallmarks of the literary style known as magical realism.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  July 14
Author Laura Joffe Numeroff was born in 1953.
Using one of Numeroff's books as a model, students use the circle plot structure as a culminating project for a unit of study completed in the classroom.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 23
Author Scott O'Dell was born on this day.
Students select a set of books to read and compare fiction and nonfiction books and discuss their findings as a class. Students can follow up by writing short stories about the topics they explored.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  April 21
Barbara Park, author of the Junie B. Jones series, was born on this day.
Students write their own "Junie B." stories, based on the Junie B. Jones series, after brainstorming issues they've experienced during the school year.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 25
Caldecott-winning illustrator Lane Smith was born in 1959.
Students discuss some of the ways in which illustrations can enhance a story and then become illustrators, using a variety of media.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 9 | Calendar Activity |  April 20
Celebrate author Mary Hoffman's birthday today.
Students write original picture books based on their own aspirations and dreams and share with the class or with younger students.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 8 | Calendar Activity |  June 6
Celebrate Cynthia Rylant's birthday!
Students work in small groups or as a class to map the plot of a selected Cynthia Rylant story and create original literary works using the plot diagrams.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  April 30
Celebrate El Día de Los Niños/El Día de Los Libros (Children's Day/Book Day)!
Using the Book Cover Creator, students write and share their own multilingual stories.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.