Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 33 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Calendar Activity |  October 25
Artist Pablo Picasso was born on this day in 1881.
Students view a Picasso piece, write their impressions, and share. Students can create their own Picasso-style art using the interactive Picassohead.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 25
Caldecott-winning illustrator Lane Smith was born in 1959.
Students discuss some of the ways in which illustrations can enhance a story and then become illustrators, using a variety of media.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 8
Celebrate blues legend Robert Johnson's birthday.
Students learn about blues music and brainstorm subjects that might give them "the blues." Finally, they write their own blues lyrics and have the option to perform.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  April 30
Celebrate El Día de Los Niños/El Día de Los Libros (Children's Day/Book Day)!
Using the Book Cover Creator, students write and share their own multilingual stories.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  May 13
Celebrate National Children's Book Week!
Children show support for their favorite Children's Choice Book award finalist by designing a promotional book cover.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 10
Celebrate Teen Tech Week!
Students select a topic for research using a variety of technologies and practice citing media sources. They can create their report in an electronic medium such as a CD, podcast, or video.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  April 27
Coretta Scott King was born on this day in 1927.
Students do a book report assignment based on a current or past winner of the Coretta Scott King Book Award.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  June 29
David Wiesner's book June 29, 1999 showcases this day.
Students explore the delightful illustrations in Wiesner's book and identify elements that make the emotions in the story obvious to someone reading the book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 23
Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman in the US to earn a MD degree in 1849.
"Famous Firsts" are researched by students, followed by small group research and multimedia presentations to report research results.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  April 23
In 1564, William Shakespeare was born on this day.
Based on grade level, students learn about rhyming structure, experiment with the Shakespearean Insult Kit, or study scenes from Othello and watch an adaptation of that scene from the movie O.