Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 18 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 25
A Christmas Carol was the first book transmitted over radio!
Students write a script for A Christmas Carol on a level that primary students can read and perform. Older students record the performance and create a website to showcase photographs.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  October 31
Students research information on Halloween, create masks or costumes from a text they are reading, or write a narrative essay describing their best Halloween ever.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 19
Students use the Venn Diagram to compare Juneteenth celebrations to Fourth of July celebrations and hypothesize about the differences.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 1
Celebrate National Family Literacy Day!
Parents, grandparents, and other family members are invited to the classroom for a family-school reading day.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 20
Celebrate the National Day on Writing!
Students examine the different ways that they write and think about the role writing plays in life.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  February 2
Groundhog Day is February 2.
A celebration is held for Groundhog day where students engage in a shadow-watching activity, make predictions, and listen to news reports to compare what happens with Punxsutawney Phil.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 15
Hispanic Heritage Month begins today.
Students brainstorm all the various aspects of Hispanic culture and compile topics to research. Groups then research topics and present their information to the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  July 4
It's Independence Day! Or is it?
Students consider why there are so many different dates associated with the Declaration of Independence and why the nation's birthday is celebrated on July 4.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  December 21
It's Winter in the Northern Hemisphere!
Students brainstorm words or images that they associate with winter, select and read a picture book about winter, and compare the two using the interactive Venn Diagram.
page | 1 2