Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 24 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  December 11
Astronomer Annie Jump Cannon was born today.
Students research a constellation and share their learning using an interactive or mobile app.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 5 | Calendar Activity |  July 11
Author E.B. White was born on this day in 1899.
Author E.B. White, most well-known for his famous children's book, Charlotte's Web, received high acclaim and awards for many of his works of fiction.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 30
Black Beauty author Anna Sewell was born in 1820.
Through Sewell's novel, students explore the cruelty to animals and extend the discussion to current events, eventually presenting the information.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 6 | Calendar Activity |  March 25
Celebrate Kate DiCamillo's birthday today.
After examining the characters in one of DiCamillo's stories, students write original short stories featuring animals as central characters.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  December 3
Dr. Christian Barnard performed the first human heart transplant.
Students talk about the causes of heart disease and the role that diet and exercise play. Then, students find healthy dessert recipes and vote on one dessert to make in class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 28
Dr. Jonas Salk, who developed the polio vaccine, was born in 1914.
After learning about Dr. Salk, students interview a family member or someone they know who remembers the polio epidemic.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  July 12
Henry David Thoreau was born in 1817.
Students make mental "snapshots" of a natural setting, then capture the details of their setting by writing and then creating a class booklet of the nature walk.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 5 | Calendar Activity |  February 11
Jane Yolen was born in 1939.
Students read one of Jane Yolen's books, retell the story in the form of a puppet show, research animals in the book, and document their findings with the Animal Study interactive tool.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  August 21
Monarch butterflies begin their migration in the fall.
After exploring the ways that monarch butterflies react to seasons, students complete an inquiry study to examine how other things change because of the seasons and create a class anthology.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  July 9
Nancy Farmer, three-time Newbery honoree, was born in 1941.
Students write original short stories in the science fiction genre based on some of Farmer's works and society's most hotly-debated issues, such as cloning, toxic waste, and brain implants.