Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 16 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 2
Celebrate Children's Authors and Illustrators Week
Students "step into the shoes" of their favorite author by reading several of their books, conducting research, and preparing displays and presentations for the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 8
Celebrate International Literacy Day!
Celebrate International Literacy Day by engaging in activities that inspire students to shoot for the stars.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  May 12
Celebrate National Children's Book Week!
Children show support for their favorite Children's Choice Book award finalist by designing a promotional book cover.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 1
Celebrate National Family Literacy Day!
Parents, grandparents, and other family members are invited to the classroom for a family-school reading day.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 20
Celebrate the National Day on Writing!
Students examine the different ways that they write and think about the role writing plays in life.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  October 1
Find favorite book picks in the Children's Choices.
Students create lists of their favorite books and then the class creates a "Top Picks" class booklist. Students can use the Book Cover Creator to create a book jacket for their favorite book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 21
Get ready to celebrate Banned Books Week!
Students brainstorm reasons why certain books might have been banned and discuss common reasons why books are challenged.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 25
National Spelling Bee Finals are held this week.
Students discuss why certain contests get more publicity than others and what counts as "knowledge."
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 31
NCTE's Orbis Pictus Nonfiction Award is announced today.
Students conduct research and write original works of nonfiction on topics of their choice.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  July 30
Paperback books were first introduced in 1935.
Independent reading is promoted among students by organizing a paperback book swap in the classroom or with other classes at the same grade level.
page | 1 2