Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 14 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
An Effective Framework for Primary-Grade Guided Writing Instruction
This article describes the theory and procedures for guided writing lessons in the primary grades.
- Professional Development | Grade K | Professional Library | Book
Building a Foundation for Preschool Literacy: Effective Instruction for Children’s Reading and Writing Development (Second Edition)
This book focuses on best practices for providing preschoolers with early literacy instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Going Bohemian: How to Teach Writing Like You Mean It
This resource offers unconventional strategies to guide students through some of the more difficult tasks in learning to write.
- Professional Development | Grades 7 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Graphic Novels in the Secondary Classroom and School Libraries
This article examines the rise in popularity of graphic novels, the sales of which have steadily increased as their influence expands into adolescent culture.
- Professional Development | Grades 4 – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Marvelous Minilessons for Teaching Intermediate Writing, Grades 4-6
This book contains 40 minilessons specifically tailored for helping intermediate students learn to write.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Poets in Practice
This article discusses the need to engage students and teachers in active poetry writing.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Professional Library | Book
Setting the Stage for Creative Writing: Plot Scaffolds for Beginning and Intermediate Writers
Want to foster creativity and originality in student writing? This practical guide shows how plot scaffolds can be used to help beginning and intermediate writers.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Singing Across the Curriculum
In this article, the author explains how singing can help students learn across the curriculum.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Theoretical Models and Processes of Reading
This landmark reference offers in-depth exploration of contemporary reading and literacy research.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Tim O'Brien in the Classroom: "This too is true: Stories can save us"
As part of the NCTE High School Literature Series, Tim O’Brien in the Classroom focuses on opportunities for classroom discussion and writing assignments, including lessons, open-ended prompts, and student writing samples.
page | 1 2