Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 12 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Adolescents and Digital Literacies: Learning Alongside Our Students
This book isnít about technology. Itís about the teaching practices that technology enables. This book addresses the ways in which teachers and students work together to navigate continuous change and what it means to read, write, view, listen, and communicate in the twenty-first century.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
A Failure of the Imagination
This article discusses the imaginative activities and assignments that teachers often assign that violate the text around which the lesson is focused and that mislead students about its meaning.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 6 | Professional Library | Book
BOOKMATCH: How to Scaffold Student Book Selection for Independent Reading
Empower students through choice and independence using the BOOKMATCH strategy, showing them how to select "just right" books.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
BOOKMATCH: Scaffolding Book Selection for Independent Reading
Using the instructional tool BOOKMATCH, this article provides book-selection strategies for students' independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Matching Books and Readers: Selecting Literature for English Learners
This article offers suggestions on how to choose books to aid English learners with language acquisition and comprehension.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Motivating Young Writers Through Write-Talks: Real Writers, Real Audiences, Real Purposes
This article describes the use of "write-talks," brief motivational talks designed to engage students in writing.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Book
Power of Picture Books, The: Using Content Area Literature in Middle School
Featuring descriptions and activities for fifty exceptional titles, Mary Jo Fresch and Peggy Harkins offer a wealth of ideas for harnessing the power of picture books to improve reading and writing in the content areas.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Rereadings and Literacy: How Students' Second Readings Might Open Third Spaces
How can we reclaim the joy of reading? In this study, students reflect on and discuss their experiences as readers.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Technology That Powers Up Learning
By designing lessons to activate prior knowledge and linking these activities to reading and writing, teachers found that students were more engaged, that they learned more material more quickly, and that they more willingly incorporated reading into their lives.
page | 1 2