Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 20 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Adolescents and Digital Literacies: Learning Alongside Our Students
This book isn’t about technology. It’s about the teaching practices that technology enables. This book addresses the ways in which teachers and students work together to navigate continuous change and what it means to read, write, view, listen, and communicate in the twenty-first century.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Authoring With Video
Use a video-based platform as an inspiration for writing.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Digital Readers: The Next Chapter in E-Book Reading and Response
This article discusses the use of digital e-book readers in the classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 1 – 3, 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Exploring the Use of the iPad for Literacy Learning
The goal of this investigation was to explore how a fourth grade teacher could integrate iPads into her literacy instruction to simultaneously teach print-based and digital literacy goals.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 2 | Professional Library | Journal
Five Internet Sites Too Good to Miss
The author shares five developmentally appropriate websites for primary-grade readers to support their literacy development.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
"It's Not All Black and White": Postmodern Picture Books and New Literacies
The author of this article demonstrates how postmodern picture books can help readers of various ages, particularly secondary students, use and develop new literacies.
- Professional Development | Grades 7 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Lesson Plans for Creating Media-Rich Classrooms
This volume offers a collection of media literacy lessons for the secondary English classroom, including a CD of student handouts, teacher resources, and sample media files.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Lesson Plans for Developing Digital Literacies
Editors Mary T. Christel and Scott Sullivan present a new set of lessons designed to help you integrate a variety of digital applications—Web 2.0 and beyond—into the courses and units you’re already teaching.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Lights, Cameras, Pencils! Using Descriptive Video to Enhance Writing
Read and write with the movies using an innovative technology called Descriptive Video.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Literacy Remix: Bridging Adolescents’ In and Out of School Literacies
This resources promotes the use new literacies to help students connect to school texts.
page | 1 2