Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 13 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
360 Degrees of Text: Using Poetry to Teach Close Reading and Powerful Writing
Through Eileen Murphy Buckley’s 360-degree approach to teaching critical literacy, students investigate texts through a full spectrum of learning modalities, harnessing the excitement of performance, imitation, creative writing, and argument/debate activities to become more powerful thinkers, readers, and writers.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Critical Literacies and Graphic Novels for English-Language Learners: Teaching Maus
Particularly for English-language learners, graphic novels can be used in the secondary classroom as part of a multiliteracies approach.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Finding the Artist Within: Creating and Reading Visual Texts in the English Language Arts Classroom
Discover ways to integrate visual arts and technology in your English language arts classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Literacy Remix: Bridging Adolescents’ In and Out of School Literacies
This resources promotes the use new literacies to help students connect to school texts.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Moving Beyond the Page in Content Area Literacy: Comprehension Instruction for Multimodal Texts in Science
To be literate in the 21st century, students need to be able to evaluate and create texts using multiple forms of representation.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
New Literacies and 21st-Century Technologies
IRA's position on recognizing an expanded conception of literacy and supporting learners as they use and interact with information and communication technologies.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Book
Power of Picture Books, The: Using Content Area Literature in Middle School
Featuring descriptions and activities for fifty exceptional titles, Mary Jo Fresch and Peggy Harkins offer a wealth of ideas for harnessing the power of picture books to improve reading and writing in the content areas.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Professional Library | Book
Teaching and Learning Multiliteracies: Changing Times, Changing Literacies
This book shows you how to move away from reliance exclusively on print and incorporate multiliteracies into your classroom.
page | 1 2