Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 12 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
360 Degrees of Text: Using Poetry to Teach Close Reading and Powerful Writing
Through Eileen Murphy Buckley’s 360-degree approach to teaching critical literacy, students investigate texts through a full spectrum of learning modalities, harnessing the excitement of performance, imitation, creative writing, and argument/debate activities to become more powerful thinkers, readers, and writers.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Critical Literacies and Graphic Novels for English-Language Learners: Teaching Maus
Particularly for English-language learners, graphic novels can be used in the secondary classroom as part of a multiliteracies approach.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Finding the Artist Within: Creating and Reading Visual Texts in the English Language Arts Classroom
Discover ways to integrate visual arts and technology in your English language arts classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Literacy Remix: Bridging Adolescents’ In and Out of School Literacies
This resources promotes the use new literacies to help students connect to school texts.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Moving Beyond the Page in Content Area Literacy: Comprehension Instruction for Multimodal Texts in Science
To be literate in the 21st century, students need to be able to evaluate and create texts using multiple forms of representation.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
New Literacies and 21st-Century Technologies
IRA's position on recognizing an expanded conception of literacy and supporting learners as they use and interact with information and communication technologies.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Professional Library | Book
Teaching and Learning Multiliteracies: Changing Times, Changing Literacies
This book shows you how to move away from reliance exclusively on print and incorporate multiliteracies into your classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Technology That Powers Up Learning
By designing lessons to activate prior knowledge and linking these activities to reading and writing, teachers found that students were more engaged, that they learned more material more quickly, and that they more willingly incorporated reading into their lives.
page | 1 2