Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-5 of 5 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Copyright Clarity: How Fair Use Supports Digital Learning
This book helps educators unlock Internet and digital media resources to classrooms while respecting the rights of copyright holders.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
I-Search in the Age of Information
Middle school teacher Huntington Lyman takes a fresh look at the I-Search research method and shows how it can be modified to provide an effective project for middle school students.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Book
Power of Picture Books, The: Using Content Area Literature in Middle School
Featuring descriptions and activities for fifty exceptional titles, Mary Jo Fresch and Peggy Harkins offer a wealth of ideas for harnessing the power of picture books to improve reading and writing in the content areas.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Technology That Powers Up Learning
By designing lessons to activate prior knowledge and linking these activities to reading and writing, teachers found that students were more engaged, that they learned more material more quickly, and that they more willingly incorporated reading into their lives.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Tim O'Brien in the Classroom: "This too is true: Stories can save us"
As part of the NCTE High School Literature Series, Tim O’Brien in the Classroom focuses on opportunities for classroom discussion and writing assignments, including lessons, open-ended prompts, and student writing samples.