Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 14 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Journal
Finding the Thread: Character, Setting, and Theme
An annotated bibliography of books that exemplify the plot elements, character, setting, and theme. Includes guidelines on how to do a book talk.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Going Bohemian: How to Teach Writing Like You Mean It
This resource offers unconventional strategies to guide students through some of the more difficult tasks in learning to write.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 3 | Professional Library | Book
Informational Text in K-3 Classrooms: Helping Children Read and Write
Learn how to integrate informational text into early reading instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades 4 – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Marvelous Minilessons for Teaching Intermediate Writing, Grades 4-6
This book contains 40 minilessons specifically tailored for helping intermediate students learn to write.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Moving Beyond the Page in Content Area Literacy: Comprehension Instruction for Multimodal Texts in Science
To be literate in the 21st century, students need to be able to evaluate and create texts using multiple forms of representation.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Book
Reading and Writing Nonfiction Genres
This practical, hands-on text shows how to teach nonfiction to elementary students.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Professional Library | Book
Setting the Stage for Creative Writing: Plot Scaffolds for Beginning and Intermediate Writers
Want to foster creativity and originality in student writing? This practical guide shows how plot scaffolds can be used to help beginning and intermediate writers.
page | 1 2