Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 38 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
The article includes recommendations for teachers interested in integrating literature, drama, and history.
- Professional Development | Grade K | Professional Library | Book
Building a Foundation for Preschool Literacy: Effective Instruction for Children’s Reading and Writing Development (Second Edition)
This book focuses on best practices for providing preschoolers with early literacy instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Close reading in elementary schools
Close reading is a recommended instructional approach to meet the challenges of teaching complex texts. But close readings are more common in high school and college than in elementary schools. In this article, we identify the components of close reading that were developed after a group of elementary school teachers observed their colleges in high school. In addition, we focus on the modifications necessary to implement close reading in elementary schools.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Conversation: The Comprehension Connection
Conversation provides opportunities for students to practice and use cognitive strategies, and is critical for developing comprehension.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 3 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Strategic Readers: Techniques for Developing Competency in Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension
Organized around the five essential components of reading instruction, this text lays the groundwork for a comprehensive literacy classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Academic Thinking Skills in Grades 6-12: A Handbook of Multiple Intelligence Activities
These skill-based activities will help students develop the academic thinking skills and language to understand challenging content concepts.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Digital Readers: The Next Chapter in E-Book Reading and Response
This article discusses the use of digital e-book readers in the classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Engaging the Disengaged: Using Learning Clubs to Motivate Struggling Adolescent Readers and Writers
This article describes the use of learning clubs to motivate struggling students to engage in literacy events and foster literacy development.
- Professional Development | Grades 1 – 3, 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Exploring the Use of the iPad for Literacy Learning
The goal of this investigation was to explore how a fourth grade teacher could integrate iPads into her literacy instruction to simultaneously teach print-based and digital literacy goals.