Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-6 of 6 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Analyzing Grammar Rants: An Alternative to Traditional Grammar Instruction
Kenneth Lindblom and Patricia A. Dunn teach language awareness and use through published complaints about the teaching of grammar. Students are able to recognize issues of race and class that determine acceptable usage and learn the importance of audience in their own language use.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 2 | Professional Library | Journal
Five Internet Sites Too Good to Miss
The author shares five developmentally appropriate websites for primary-grade readers to support their literacy development.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Matching Books and Readers: Selecting Literature for English Learners
This article offers suggestions on how to choose books to aid English learners with language acquisition and comprehension.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Recentering the Middle School Classroom as a Vibrant Learning Community: Students, Literacy, and Technology Intersect
Examine the ways in which community can be constructed in the middle school classroom using online electronic discussions of literature.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 8 | Professional Library | Book
Setting the Stage for Creative Writing: Plot Scaffolds for Beginning and Intermediate Writers
Want to foster creativity and originality in student writing? This practical guide shows how plot scaffolds can be used to help beginning and intermediate writers.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Book
The Literacy Coach’s Desk Reference: Processes and Perspectives for Effective Coaching
Cathy Toll offers practical information for pre-K–12 literacy coaches on conferencing with individual teachers and groups, as well as on providing demonstration lessons, services to entire schools, and services to students.