Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 11 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
A Failure of the Imagination
This article discusses the imaginative activities and assignments that teachers often assign that violate the text around which the lesson is focused and that mislead students about its meaning.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Digital Readers: The Next Chapter in E-Book Reading and Response
This article discusses the use of digital e-book readers in the classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Journal
Finding the Thread: Character, Setting, and Theme
An annotated bibliography of books that exemplify the plot elements, character, setting, and theme. Includes guidelines on how to do a book talk.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 3 | Professional Library | Book
Informational Text in K-3 Classrooms: Helping Children Read and Write
Learn how to integrate informational text into early reading instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Book
Reading and Writing Nonfiction Genres
This practical, hands-on text shows how to teach nonfiction to elementary students.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 10 | Professional Library | Book
Reading for Learning: Using Discipline-Based Texts to Build Content Knowledge
Heather Lattimer provides practical, classroom-tested approaches to helping students access and critically respond to content-based texts.
- Professional Development | Grades 7 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Reading in the Reel World: Teaching Documentaries and Other Nonfiction Texts
John Golden offers middle and high school teachers a practical guide for using documentary film in the classroom to improve students' reading, writing, and thinking skills.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Teaching YA Lit through Differentiated Instruction
Authors Susan L. Groenke and Lisa Scherff offer suggestions for incorporating YA lit into the high school curriculum.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Technology That Powers Up Learning
By designing lessons to activate prior knowledge and linking these activities to reading and writing, teachers found that students were more engaged, that they learned more material more quickly, and that they more willingly incorporated reading into their lives.
page | 1 2