Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 33 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 20–23, 2014
2014 NCTE Annual Convention
The 2014 NCTE Annual Convention is an opportunity to take back the right to tell our stories, to create our own landscapes, and to “talk story” with each other.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
The article includes recommendations for teachers interested in integrating literature, drama, and history.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Assessing Student Interests and Strengths
In this Strategy Guide, you’ll learn about a number of specific methods that can help you to gain a fuller picture of the interests of your students as well as what your students understand, know, and can demonstrate by doing.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Bringing Lessons to Life with Animoto
Using Animoto, a free Web 2.0 tool, students can develop short digital videos that include music, photos, video clips, and text as well as share their creations electronically.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 11 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Building Academic Language to Deepen Comprehension and Learning
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Learning Words Inside and Out" hosted by Doug Fisher and Nancy Frey.
- Professional Development | Grade K | Professional Library | Book
Building a Foundation for Preschool Literacy: Effective Instruction for Children’s Reading and Writing Development (Second Edition)
This book focuses on best practices for providing preschoolers with early literacy instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Collaborative Conversations: Meeting Speaking and Listening Standards
This one-hour Web seminar will focus on the instructional routines that ensure that students develop the habits necessary to engage with their peers.
- Professional Development | Grades 7 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Consensus Decision Making
This strategy guide introduces Consensus Decision Making, a method for facilitating and engaging students in a critical discussion of the central ideas of a text.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Conversation: The Comprehension Connection
Conversation provides opportunities for students to practice and use cognitive strategies, and is critical for developing comprehension.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Engaging the Disengaged: Using Learning Clubs to Motivate Struggling Adolescent Readers and Writers
This article describes the use of learning clubs to motivate struggling students to engage in literacy events and foster literacy development.