Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 35 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
The article includes recommendations for teachers interested in integrating literature, drama, and history.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Authoring With Video
Use a video-based platform as an inspiration for writing.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Bringing Lessons to Life with Animoto
Using Animoto, a free Web 2.0 tool, students can develop short digital videos that include music, photos, video clips, and text as well as share their creations electronically.
- Professional Development | Grade K | Professional Library | Book
Building a Foundation for Preschool Literacy: Effective Instruction for Children’s Reading and Writing Development (Second Edition)
This book focuses on best practices for providing preschoolers with early literacy instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Cold Plums and the Old Men in the Water: Let Children Read and Write "Great" Poetry
The author of this article advocates using "great" poetry with children, and providing the link between the reading and writing of poetry.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Developing Persuasive Writing Strategies
This strategy guide describes the techniques used in effective persuasive writing and shares activities you can use to help students understand and use persuasion in their writing and critical thinking.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Finding the Artist Within: Creating and Reading Visual Texts in the English Language Arts Classroom
Discover ways to integrate visual arts and technology in your English language arts classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Going Bohemian: How to Teach Writing Like You Mean It
This resource offers unconventional strategies to guide students through some of the more difficult tasks in learning to write.
- Professional Development | Grades 7 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Graphic Novels in the Secondary Classroom and School Libraries
This article examines the rise in popularity of graphic novels, the sales of which have steadily increased as their influence expands into adolescent culture.