Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 56 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 17–20, 2016
2016 NCTE Annual Convention
2016 NCTE Annual Convention, Atlanta, GA - November 17-20, 2016 with Workshops, November 17, 20-22
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Adolescents and Digital Literacies: Learning Alongside Our Students
This book isnít about technology. Itís about the teaching practices that technology enables. This book addresses the ways in which teachers and students work together to navigate continuous change and what it means to read, write, view, listen, and communicate in the twenty-first century.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
A Failure of the Imagination
This article discusses the imaginative activities and assignments that teachers often assign that violate the text around which the lesson is focused and that mislead students about its meaning.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Aligning the Strategies Identified in Writing Next with the Common Core State Standards
In this Web seminar, work together to see how collaboration, inquiry, and the study of models can improve your students' writing in a variety of genres that meet the narratives, informative, and argument standards of the CCSS.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Assessing Student Interests and Strengths
In this Strategy Guide, youíll learn about a number of specific methods that can help you to gain a fuller picture of the interests of your students as well as what your students understand, know, and can demonstrate by doing.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 6 | Professional Library | Book
BOOKMATCH: How to Scaffold Student Book Selection for Independent Reading
Empower students through choice and independence using the BOOKMATCH strategy, showing them how to select "just right" books.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
BOOKMATCH: Scaffolding Book Selection for Independent Reading
Using the instructional tool BOOKMATCH, this article provides book-selection strategies for students' independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Brainstorming and Reviewing Using the Carousel Strategy
This strategy guide introduces Carousel Brainstorming, also known as Rotating Review, and offers suggestions to implement this technique in your classroom for brainstorming about new topics or reviewing learned information.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 11 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Building Academic Language to Deepen Comprehension and Learning
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Learning Words Inside and Out" hosted by Doug Fisher and Nancy Frey.