Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 27 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
360 Degrees of Text: Using Poetry to Teach Close Reading and Powerful Writing
Through Eileen Murphy Buckley’s 360-degree approach to teaching critical literacy, students investigate texts through a full spectrum of learning modalities, harnessing the excitement of performance, imitation, creative writing, and argument/debate activities to become more powerful thinkers, readers, and writers.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Bringing Lessons to Life with Animoto
Using Animoto, a free Web 2.0 tool, students can develop short digital videos that include music, photos, video clips, and text as well as share their creations electronically.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Strategy Guide
During choral reading, students read together orally. Repeated, supported reading helps students read with greater expression and read unfamiliar words with greater ease.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Critical Literacies and Graphic Novels for English-Language Learners: Teaching Maus
Particularly for English-language learners, graphic novels can be used in the secondary classroom as part of a multiliteracies approach.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Finding the Artist Within: Creating and Reading Visual Texts in the English Language Arts Classroom
Discover ways to integrate visual arts and technology in your English language arts classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Strategy Guide Series
In this series of Strategy Guides, you'll learn about different methods and activities to encourage inquiry-based learning in your classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Literacy Remix: Bridging Adolescents’ In and Out of School Literacies
This resources promotes the use new literacies to help students connect to school texts.