Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 18 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Addressing the Complexity of Matching Readers With Text
Join Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, and Diane Lapp as they discuss ways to navigate the complexity of matching readers with text.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Journal
Finding the Thread: Character, Setting, and Theme
An annotated bibliography of books that exemplify the plot elements, character, setting, and theme. Includes guidelines on how to do a book talk.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Going Bohemian: How to Teach Writing Like You Mean It
This resource offers unconventional strategies to guide students through some of the more difficult tasks in learning to write.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 3 | Professional Library | Book
Informational Text in K-3 Classrooms: Helping Children Read and Write
Learn how to integrate informational text into early reading instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades 4 – 6 | Professional Library | Book
Marvelous Minilessons for Teaching Intermediate Writing, Grades 4-6
This book contains 40 minilessons specifically tailored for helping intermediate students learn to write.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Moving Beyond the Page in Content Area Literacy: Comprehension Instruction for Multimodal Texts in Science
To be literate in the 21st century, students need to be able to evaluate and create texts using multiple forms of representation.
page | 1 2