Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 51 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
The article includes recommendations for teachers interested in integrating literature, drama, and history.
- Professional Development | Grade K | Professional Library | Book
Building a Foundation for Preschool Literacy: Effective Instruction for Children’s Reading and Writing Development (Second Edition)
This book focuses on best practices for providing preschoolers with early literacy instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Professional Library | Journal
Conversation: The Comprehension Connection
Conversation provides opportunities for students to practice and use cognitive strategies, and is critical for developing comprehension.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 3 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Strategic Readers: Techniques for Developing Competency in Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension
Organized around the five essential components of reading instruction, this text lays the groundwork for a comprehensive literacy classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Academic Thinking Skills in Grades 6-12: A Handbook of Multiple Intelligence Activities
These skill-based activities will help students develop the academic thinking skills and language to understand challenging content concepts.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Digital Readers: The Next Chapter in E-Book Reading and Response
This article discusses the use of digital e-book readers in the classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Engaging the Disengaged: Using Learning Clubs to Motivate Struggling Adolescent Readers and Writers
This article describes the use of learning clubs to motivate struggling students to engage in literacy events and foster literacy development.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Strategy Guide
This strategy guide introduces the concept of using Exit Slips in the classroom to help students reflect on what they have learned and express what or how they are thinking about the new information. Exit Slips easily incorporate writing into the content area classroom and require students to think critically.