Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-7 of 7 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 20–23, 2014
2014 NCTE Annual Convention
The 2014 NCTE Annual Convention is an opportunity to take back the right to tell our stories, to create our own landscapes, and to “talk story” with each other.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Building Arab Americans' Cultural Identity and Acceptance With Children's Literature
Introducing multicultural children's literature into the elementary classroom is a first step toward eliminating stereotyping and prejudice and helping students develop cultural identity.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Professional Library | Book
Happily Ever After: Sharing Folk Literature With Elementary and Middle School Students
This unique text provides background about folk literature and how to use this rich genre in your classroom.
- Professional Development | May 09–12, 2014
International Reading Association 59th Annual Conference
The International Reading Association’s 59th Annual Conference is the premier event for literacy professionals worldwide. This year’s program offers hundreds of sessions, many of which focus on the Common Core; assessment; beginning, elementary, and adolescent learners; and research.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Differentiated Instruction of Literature
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on differentiated instruction of literature to meet the learning needs of all students.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Supporting English Language Learners
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on supporting English language learners.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
Second-Language Literacy Instruction
This position statement offers recommendations on ways to support second-language learners.