Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 33 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 21–24, 2013
2013 NCTE Annual Convention
Join NCTE in Boston this November for the 103rd NCTE Annual Convention.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Addressing the Complexity of Matching Readers With Text
Join Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, and Diane Lapp as they discuss ways to navigate the complexity of matching readers with text.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Adolescents and Digital Literacies: Learning Alongside Our Students
This book isnít about technology. Itís about the teaching practices that technology enables. This book addresses the ways in which teachers and students work together to navigate continuous change and what it means to read, write, view, listen, and communicate in the twenty-first century.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Authoring With Video
Use a video-based platform as an inspiration for writing.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Bringing Lessons to Life with Animoto
Using Animoto, a free Web 2.0 tool, students can develop short digital videos that include music, photos, video clips, and text as well as share their creations electronically.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Digital Readers: The Next Chapter in E-Book Reading and Response
This article discusses the use of digital e-book readers in the classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 1 – 3, 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Exploring the Use of the iPad for Literacy Learning
The goal of this investigation was to explore how a fourth grade teacher could integrate iPads into her literacy instruction to simultaneously teach print-based and digital literacy goals.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 2 | Professional Library | Journal
Five Internet Sites Too Good to Miss
The author shares five developmentally appropriate websites for primary-grade readers to support their literacy development.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Inquiry Charts (I-Charts)
This guide introduces I-Charts, a strategy that enables students to generate meaningful questions about a topic and organize their writing.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
"It's Not All Black and White": Postmodern Picture Books and New Literacies
The author of this article demonstrates how postmodern picture books can help readers of various ages, particularly secondary students, use and develop new literacies.