Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 41 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 19–22, 2015
2015 NCTE Annual Convention
Sessions at the annual convention with share practices and insights—from traditional and practical to innovative and speculative—that help language arts teachers, pre-K through grad school, approach teaching and learning more expertly, confidently, even joyfully.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
360 Degrees of Text: Using Poetry to Teach Close Reading and Powerful Writing
Through Eileen Murphy Buckley’s 360-degree approach to teaching critical literacy, students investigate texts through a full spectrum of learning modalities, harnessing the excitement of performance, imitation, creative writing, and argument/debate activities to become more powerful thinkers, readers, and writers.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
This article describes a successful teacher-professor collaboration to plan interdisciplinary curriculum and team-teach it in a first-grade classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Addressing Common Core Standards (Without Letting Them Take Over Your Curriculum)
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Addressing Common Core Standards (Without Letting Them Take Over Your Curriculum)" hosted by Scott Filkins.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Bringing Lessons to Life with Animoto
Using Animoto, a free Web 2.0 tool, students can develop short digital videos that include music, photos, video clips, and text as well as share their creations electronically.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Strategy Guide
During choral reading, students read together orally. Repeated, supported reading helps students read with greater expression and read unfamiliar words with greater ease.
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
Critical Literacies and Graphic Novels for English-Language Learners: Teaching Maus
Particularly for English-language learners, graphic novels can be used in the secondary classroom as part of a multiliteracies approach.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Finding the Artist Within: Creating and Reading Visual Texts in the English Language Arts Classroom
Discover ways to integrate visual arts and technology in your English language arts classroom.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Strategy Guide Series
In this series of Strategy Guides, you'll learn about different methods and activities to encourage inquiry-based learning in your classroom.