Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 93 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | November 16–19, 2017
2017 NCTE Annual Convention
Teaching Our Students Today, Tomorrow, Forever: Recapturing Our Voices, Our Agency, Our Mission
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Acting Out: Literature, Drama, and Connecting With History
The article includes recommendations for teachers interested in integrating literature, drama, and history.
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Argumentation in Writing for Grades 9-12
This Web seminar will provide many examples and tools that teachers can use to teach argument writing in grades 9-12.
- Professional Development | Grade K | Professional Library | Book
Building a Foundation for Preschool Literacy: Effective Instruction for Children’s Reading and Writing Development (Second Edition)
This book focuses on best practices for providing preschoolers with early literacy instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Close reading in elementary schools
Close reading is a recommended instructional approach to meet the challenges of teaching complex texts. But close readings are more common in high school and college than in elementary schools. In this article, we identify the components of close reading that were developed after a group of elementary school teachers observed their colleges in high school. In addition, we focus on the modifications necessary to implement close reading in elementary schools.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Close Reading of Literary Texts
This guide provides strategies for choosing text that is appropriate for close reading and to plan for instruction.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Close Reading: The Assessment-Instruction Connection
This interactive Web seminar will consider ways that thoughtful formative assessment can ensure that students are adequately supported in close reading, without removing the productive struggle of working with challenging texts.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Confidence in Community Literacies: Bilingual Writers Reading the World
In this Web seminar, join Steven Alvarez in considering how the strengths of after-school community programs—connecting with language-minoritized communities in ways that build relationships of trust, or confianza, between parents, extended families, and caring adults in neighborhoods—can inform our practices as teachers of English language learners.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Connecting with Intention
Join Franki Sibberson and Bill Bass, authors of Digital Reading: What's Essential in Grades 3-8, to explore how these connections can change the way that students interact with their ideas and each other.
- Professional Development | Grades 7 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Consensus Decision Making
This strategy guide introduces Consensus Decision Making, a method for facilitating and engaging students in a critical discussion of the central ideas of a text.