Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 19 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Assessing Student Interests and Strengths
In this Strategy Guide, you’ll learn about a number of specific methods that can help you to gain a fuller picture of the interests of your students as well as what your students understand, know, and can demonstrate by doing.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Bringing Lessons to Life with Animoto
Using Animoto, a free Web 2.0 tool, students can develop short digital videos that include music, photos, video clips, and text as well as share their creations electronically.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 5 | Professional Library | Journal
Building Arab Americans' Cultural Identity and Acceptance With Children's Literature
Introducing multicultural children's literature into the elementary classroom is a first step toward eliminating stereotyping and prejudice and helping students develop cultural identity.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Professional Library | Position Statement
Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
This document is a code of best practices that helps educators using media literacy concepts and techniques to interpret the copyright doctrine of fair use.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
This Web seminar will examine Community Mapping as a practice designed to uncover a rich array of resources in households and communities that hold the potential to enhance literacy learning for children while developing reciprocal relationship with families.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Critical Literacy at the Intersections of Sport and Society
This interactive Web seminar will explore the ways teachers can foster critical literacy practices by engaging students in the meaningful study of sports culture.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 8 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Critical Awareness at the Middle Level: Using Texts as Tools for Critique and Pleasure
This unique instructional approach enables students to read literature they enjoy while developing critical consciousness and addressing issues of social justice.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Journal
"Help! What Is Wrong With These Literature Circles and How Can We Fix Them?"
The authors of this article offer some suggestions for how to improve literature circle discussions.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Honoring Student Voice in the Early Childhood Classroom: Dramatic Play, Stories, and Story Acting
This web seminar focuses on honoring student voice through story and story acting.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Strategy Guide
In this strategy guide, you’ll learn to model how students can make three different kinds of connections (text-to-text, text-to-self, text-to-world). Students then use this knowledge to find their own personal connections to a text.
page | 1 2