Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home õ Results from ReadWriteThink
1-7 of 7 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
This Web seminar will examine Community Mapping as a practice designed to uncover a rich array of resources in households and communities that hold the potential to enhance literacy learning for children while developing reciprocal relationship with families.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Professional Library | Book
Family Message Journals: Teaching Writing through Family Involvement
This book follows the development of emergent and beginning writers as they explore the power and joy of written communication.
- Professional Development | Grades 8 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Langston Hughes in the Classroom: "Do Nothin' till You Hear from Me"
Carmaletta M. Williams provides high school teachers with background on Hughes and the Harlem Renaissance as well as help in teaching Hughes's poetry, short stories, novels, and autobiography.
- Professional Development | Grades 3 – 8 | Strategy Guide
In this strategy guide, youíll learn to model how students can make three different kinds of connections (text-to-text, text-to-self, text-to-world). Students then use this knowledge to find their own personal connections to a text.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Reading & Writing & Teens: A Parentís Guide to Adolescent Literacy
Offering advice from a host of experts in adolescent literacy, this book helps answer real questions from parents across the country about how to best support their teens as readers and writers.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Teaching with Zooming Slideshows through Prezi
Through Prezi, a web application, students create "zooming" presentations for various purposes, such as presenting research, defending an opinion, or sharing a digital story.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Using the RAFT Writing Strategy
This strategy guide introduces the RAFT technique and offers practical ideas for using this technique to teach students to experiment with various perspectives in their writing.