Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 161 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A “Cay”ribbean Island Study
As a pre-reading activity for The Cay, groups of students choose and study a Caribbean island, create a final product in the format of their choice, and finally, do an oral presentation to share information learned.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 25
A Christmas Carol was the first book transmitted over radio!
Students write a script for A Christmas Carol on a level that primary students can read and perform. Older students record the performance and create a website to showcase photographs.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 20
Actor Sidney Poitier was born in 1924.
Students do a journal entry about barriers that have been brokensuch as age, race, and genderthat might impede them in the future, and how they can break through those barriers.
- Classroom Resources | Grade K | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Getting-Acquainted Activity Using My Teacher’s Secret Life
Students build classroom community as they get to know each other and their teacher better by sharing what they like to do outside school.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
A Journal for Corduroy: Responding to Literature
Connect home and school, literature and life, as students take a storybook character home with them and take turns writing stories about his visit.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Unit
All About Our Town: Using Brochures to Teach Informational Writing
Students explore their towns' landmarks, symbols, and people; look at brochures and other informational tools; practice writing for a specific audience and revising; and work collaboratively to create a brochure.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 11
Amelia Earhart completed her solo flight from Honolulu to Oakland in 1935.
Students explore the definition of a hero and use the interactive Venn diagram to identify the most common characteristics of a hero.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 27
America celebrates Thanksgiving Day today.
After reading the book Thank You, Sarah: The Woman Who Saved Thanksgiving, students read the letter Hale sent to Lincoln and brainstorm a list of ways to make their community better.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
And the Question Is... Evaluating the Validity of a Survey
In this lesson, students learn to ask the right questions about the validity of surveys.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 1
Annie Moore becomes the first immigrant to enter Ellis Island in 1892.
Students explore online resources about Ellis Island, interview an immigrant in the area, and publish their stories.