Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 35 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Recipe for Writing: Fairy Tale Feasts
After examining recipes written based on students’ favorite fairy tales, students research a recipe related to their favorite story, book, or fairy tale and include it in a classroom recipe book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Book Report Alternative: Characters for Hire! Studying Character in Drama
In this alternative to the traditional book report, students respond to a play they have read by creating a resume for one of its characters.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Book Report Alternative: Creating Careers for Characters
Students select a job listing for a character in a book they have read, then create a resume and application letter for that character.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Book Report Alternative: Getting Acquainted with Farcebook
In this alternative to the traditional book report, students report on their novel choices using Facebook-like pages.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Book Report Alternative: Writing Resumes for Characters in Historical Fiction
Students write resumes for historical fiction characters. They first explore help wanted ads to see what employers want, and then draft resumes for the characters they’ve chosen.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Bringing Economic Vocabulary to Life Through Video Posters
Imagine if vocabulary could come alive with the click of a button! Students create video posters to demonstrate knowledge of new economics vocabulary.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 2
Celebrate Children's Authors and Illustrators Week
Students "step into the shoes" of their favorite author by reading several of their books, conducting research, and preparing displays and presentations for the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 8
Celebrate International Literacy Day!
Celebrate International Literacy Day by engaging in activities that inspire students to shoot for the stars.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  July 19
Children's publisher John Newbery was born in 1713.
Each student chooses a book that is special and writes a short story about why it deserves special mention. Students can plan the pages of their own stories and then make a Stapleless Book or use the ReadWriteThink Printing Press.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Printout | Graphic Organizer
Students use this printout to expand on connections they have made to a text and use those details to write essays or create projects about the text.