Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 61 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 11
Alex Haley, author of Roots, was born in 1921.
Students explore their own roots by interviewing family members and use their family history to write a fictional account of their roots.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 11
Amelia Earhart completed her solo flight from Honolulu to Oakland in 1935.
Students explore the definition of a hero and use the interactive Venn diagram to identify the most common characteristics of a hero.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Recipe for Writing: Fairy Tale Feasts
After examining recipes written based on students’ favorite fairy tales, students research a recipe related to their favorite story, book, or fairy tale and include it in a classroom recipe book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Authentic Persuasive Writing to Promote Summer Reading
Turn summer reading lists from a teacher-centered requirement to a student-driven exploration by asking students to create brochures and flyers that suggest books to explore during the summer months.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  August 5
Author Amy Tan was born today in 1952
Students watch an excerpt of an interview with Tan and apply some of her principles to writing a story of their own.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 15
Beware the Ides of March!
Students discuss and categorize superstitions, define a superstition, and compare the similarities and difference between proverbs and superstitions.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Boars and Baseball: Making Connections
In this lesson, students will make text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world connections after reading In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson. After sharing and discussing connections, students choose and plan a project that makes a personal connection to the text.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Bringing Economic Vocabulary to Life Through Video Posters
Imagine if vocabulary could come alive with the click of a button! Students create video posters to demonstrate knowledge of new economics vocabulary.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  September 8
Celebrate International Literacy Day!
Celebrate International Literacy Day by starting a literacy movement in your community.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 1
Celebrate National Family Literacy Day!
Parents, grandparents, and other family members are invited to the classroom for a family-school reading day.