Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 45 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  December 25
A Christmas Carol was the first book transmitted over radio!
Students write a script for A Christmas Carol on a level that primary students can read and perform. Older students record the performance and create a website to showcase photographs.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Directed Listening-Thinking Activity for "The Tell-Tale Heart"
What’s that sound? Students participate in a Directed ListeningThinking Activity (DLTA) using "The Tell-Tale Heart," make predictions, and respond in the form of an acrostic poem or comic strip.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Unit
"America the Beautiful": Using Music and Art to Develop Vocabulary
Students engage in a rich study of vocabulary words from the song “America the Beautiful,” using music and art.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Recipe for Writing: Fairy Tale Feasts
After examining recipes written based on students’ favorite fairy tales, students research a recipe related to their favorite story, book, or fairy tale and include it in a classroom recipe book.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Beyond “What I Did on Vacation”: Exploring the Genre of Travel Writing
After reading and analyzing short examples of travel writing and discussing conventions of the genre, students write their own travel articles.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Boars and Baseball: Making Connections
In this lesson, students will make text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world connections after reading In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson. After sharing and discussing connections, students choose and plan a project that makes a personal connection to the text.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  October 31
Students research information on Halloween, create masks or costumes from a text they are reading, or write a narrative essay describing their best Halloween ever.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  June 19
Students use the Venn Diagram to compare Juneteenth celebrations to Fourth of July celebrations and hypothesize about the differences.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 1
Celebrate National Family Literacy Day!
Parents, grandparents, and other family members are invited to the classroom for a family-school reading day.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  February 13
Celebrate the 100th day of school!
As a class, students work in small groups to create a "100th Day" book.