Read for My Summer
Beat the summer heat with engaging activities from ReadWriteThink.org.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-5 of 5 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 9 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Finding Solutions to Food Waste: Persuasion in a Digital World
Using various reading strategies and resources, students explore the issue of food waste. They also create persuasive arguments and blog posts examining this topic.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Inspire Healthful Reading Using Unconventional Texts
This minilesson encourages children to seek out and appropriately react to nutrition labels and to make healthy food choices, integrating science, math, health, and literacy.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Trading Card Creator
This tool provides a fun and useful way to explore a variety of topics such as a character in a book, a person or place from history, or even a physical object. An excellent tool to for summarizing or as a prewriting exercise for original stories.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Mobile App | Organizing & Summarizing
The Venn Diagram app allows users to compare and contrast information in a visually appealing way.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Mobile App | Writing Poetry
Word Mover allows children and teens to create “found poetry” by choosing from word banks and existing famous works; additionally, users can add new words to create a piece of poetry by moving/manipulating the text.