Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-9 of 9 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 11 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Blast from the Past with Nuclear Chemistry
After researching the history and basic facts of a nuclear chemistry topic, students utilize the Web 2.0 tool Timetoast to create an electronic timeline that they use to present their research to the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Fashion Fun with Fossil Fuels
After researching specific fossil fuel issues, students create their own clothing brands that express their opinions about the issues and then share their information and clothing line using either PowerPoint or Prezi.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 9 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Finding Solutions to Food Waste: Persuasion in a Digital World
Using various reading strategies and resources, students explore the issue of food waste. They also create persuasive arguments and blog posts examining this topic.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Getting Graphic with Alternative Energy Sources
After researching alternative sources of energy, students create online comic books to present their information.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Inspire Healthful Reading Using Unconventional Texts
This minilesson encourages children to seek out and appropriately react to nutrition labels and to make healthy food choices, integrating science, math, health, and literacy.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Trading Card Creator
This tool provides a fun and useful way to explore a variety of topics such as a character in a book, a person or place from history, or even a physical object. An excellent tool to for summarizing or as a prewriting exercise for original stories.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Trading Information about Minerals Through Trading Cards
Using the free Trading Cards Mobile App, students create trading cards to share properties of various minerals with their classmates and connect the use of minerals to their own lives.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Mobile App | Organizing & Summarizing
The Venn Diagram app allows users to compare and contrast information in a visually appealing way.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Mobile App | Writing Poetry
Word Mover allows children and teens to create “found poetry” by choosing from word banks and existing famous works; additionally, users can add new words to create a piece of poetry by moving/manipulating the text.