Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 18 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Activity & Project
Beguiling Billboards: Finding Inspiration along the Road
For this activity, teens study “Pass It On” billboards created by The Foundation for a Better Life either online or on-the-go, and create an original billboard and inspirational phrase for a person of their choosing.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Activity & Project
Blast Off to Learn New Words
Boost vocabulary by taking an imaginary trip into space. After a lunar “landing,” children return to Earth with a galaxy of new words.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 12 | Game & Tool
The Crossword Puzzles tool lets children and teens choose from a selection of puzzles and solve them online. They can also create their own puzzles to solve online or print off.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Game & Tool
Diamante poems are poems where the longest line comes in the middle, creating a diamond-like shape. The Diamante Poems tool helps children write these patterned poems.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 8 | Activity & Project
Let's Go On A Poetry Walk!
The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and you’re surrounded by brilliant shades of green! Observe and collect sensory images from nature and use the sights, sounds, smells, and textures to create original nature poetry.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Printout | Writing It Out
Make a Magnetic Poetry Set
Children can make their own magnetic poetry set. Watch as the refrigerator becomes a space for literary art.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Printout | Word Play
Make-a-Word Card Game
Children can be card sharks in this game, which challenges players to build words from prefixes, root words, and suffixes.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Tip & How-To
Make the Most of Reading Aloud
Learn a few simple read-aloud strategies that can sharpen a child’s emerging reading skills and help you have fun together with a good book.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Podcast Episode
Nonfiction Books for Teens
In this episode, you'll hear about new nonfiction books that explore the role of women in the NASA space program, the Civil Rights Movement, and the experiences of Arab American youth in the post-9/11 era.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 6 | Activity & Project
School Day Extension
Use the Word Mover mobile app to bring school home! A printout from school is used to generate a word bank and then create story or poem, which a child uses to “teach” a concept to a family member or caregiver.
page | 1 2