Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-6 of 6 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Podcast Episode
A Conversation with Matt de la Peña
Tune in to hear Matt discuss some of the thinking behind his newest novel, We Were Here.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 2 – 4 | Tip & How-To
Help a Child Write a Story
Write a story together and you'll encourage creativity, help reading and writing skills, and have fun!
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Tip & How-To
Make the Most of Reading Aloud
Learn a few simple read-aloud strategies that can sharpen a child’s emerging reading skills and help you have fun together with a good book.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 3 | Tip & How-To
Talk it Up! Expanding a Child’s Vocabulary
One way to help early readers begin to make sense of what they’re reading is to help them build their vocabulary. In this Tip, learn how to ask questions and have conversations with a child to integrate new words into his/her vocabulary.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 1 | Printout | Word Play
Uh-Oh! Alphabet Game
This activity helps children learn to recognize letters and their sounds, and to associate sounds and letters with words.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Activity & Project
Unveiling Idioms: A Game of Concentration
Brainstorm popular expressions with friends and family, then explore their meanings through game play and writing/drawing/cut-and-paste activities.