Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-8 of 8 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 1 – 4 | Activity & Project
Become a Young Archaeologist
Want to visit a museum without leaving your computer? Virtually dig for famous historical artifacts from around the world found in the British Museum.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Activity & Project
Cooking and Creating in the Kitchen
After reading If You Give a Moose a Muffin, have a "Muffin Party"! Children will write invitations, follow a recipe, and enjoy sharing their homemade muffins.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Activity & Project
Follow the Word Trail: Organize a Treasure Hunt
Create a treasure hunt out of word-puzzle clues hidden around the home or yard.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 6 | Activity & Project
Let the Show Begin! Literary Talent Show
Children choose their favorite songs, poems, or stories to act out in a talent show for friends and family.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Activity & Project
Rate This Movie! Hold a Viewing Party
High school friends gather together for a viewing party of a movie, at home or the theater, then participate in a salon critiquing the merits of the movie.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 12 | Printout | Learning New Skills
Three Ways to Bind a Handmade Book
Use one of these three techniques for bookbinding to make children’s and teens’ multi-page texts easier to keep, share, and display.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Printout | Learning New Skills
Through the Eyes of the Director
What makes a movie work or fail? A well-made movie can draw viewers in so completely that they can forget that everything they see and hear was planned out by the filmmakers. This printout prompts teens to look at several distinct elements of a movie and decide on their overall effectiveness.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Activity & Project
Unveiling Idioms: A Game of Concentration
Brainstorm popular expressions with friends and family, then explore their meanings through game play and writing/drawing/cut-and-paste activities.