Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 10 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Activity & Project
Amazing Biographies: Writing About People Who Change the World
After reading about historical figures and other important people that have changed the world, children choose someone that they consider to be “amazing”—either someone they’ve heard about or someone they know—and create a book page that highlights this person.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 2 – 6 | Activity & Project
Batter Up! Telling Sports Stories With Trading Cards
Summer is the time for baseball! Through the retelling of the 1941 baseball season, children will see two legendary players as characters and can create trading cards that highlight these players.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Activity & Project
Beguiling Billboards: Finding Inspiration along the Road
For this activity, teens study “Pass It On” billboards created by The Foundation for a Better Life either online or on-the-go, and create an original billboard and inspirational phrase for a person of their choosing.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Tip & How-To
How to Start a Writer’s Notebook
Writer’s notebooks allow children and teens to take in the world around them and document their daily lives. Use these tips to learn how to start a writer's notebook with your child.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Podcast Episode
More Than Sports Stories
Tune in to hear about works of sports fiction and nonfiction that explore issues of identity and belonging, courage and equal rights, and changes over time in American history and culture.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Activity & Project
Play Ball! Read and Write Sports Trivia
Look at different online baseball trivia questions to see how they are written. Then have children write their own questions and play a trivia game.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Activity & Project
Special Memories & Significant Moments: Making an Electronic Scrapbook
Using a variety of artifacts, mementos, and technologies, teens can create an electronic scrapbook of their most important moments in high school.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 5 | Podcast Episode
Take Me Out to the Ball Game
'Tis the season...for baseball! Engage your sports fans with these books about America's favorite pastime.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Activity & Project
That Sounds Fun! Sound Words and Sports Poetry
In this activity, children and teens use their experiences playing or watching sporting events (or other types of outdoor games) to write poems that are full of the sounds of the games.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Activity & Project
Write "Moving" Sports Poetry
We've all heard the expression “poetry in motion”—this activity gets children writing poems about grace and movement using photos of athletes.