Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 318 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  April 1
April is National Poetry Month!
Students are assigned to be "poets of the day" and are provided several models to create, illustrate, and present their different poems to the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 21
Today is World Poetry Day.
Students read and respond to Billy Collins' poem "Introduction to Poetry." Students then write about a favorite poem and imagine the perfect way to read it.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 1 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  October 17
Black Poetry Day is celebrated.
Books and webpages are gathered that focus on the work of African American poets and students explore the resources and find a poem to contribute to a poetry reading.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Podcast Episode
Celebrating Poetry for Teens
In honor of National Poetry Month in April, tune in for recommendations of a variety of poetry books for teens.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 5 | Podcast Episode
Playful Poetry Books to Share
In this episode, Emily and guest Sylvia Vardell explore fun ways to read poetry with children.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 5 – 10 | Activity & Project
Make a Magnetic Poetry Set
Let children practice using different types of words in a fill-in-the-blank-story game before making their own word list for a magnetic poetry set.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Talking Poetry with Blabberize
Students will be motivated to share their poetry through an online tool the features recording and animation.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
What is Poetry? Contrasting Poetry and Prose
Students often find poetry frustrating and meaningless. By helping students think critically about the differences between poetry and prose, this introduction sets the stage for different strategies for comprehending poetic texts.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Compiling Poetry Collections and a Working Definition of Poetry
This unit introduces students to a variety of poetic forms and elements, as they compile their own collections of poetry.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 5 | Strategy Guide
Performing poetry incorporates oral reading, literature, and the performing arts. This strategy can benefit content area readers, English language learners, or learners with special needs.