Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 12 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 5 | Podcast Episode
All About Elections
This episode focuses on presidential elections.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Voting! What’s It All About?
Students explore a variety of sources for information about voting. They evaluate the information to determine if it is fact or opinion, and then create a graffiti wall about voting.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Podcast Series
Chatting About Books: Recommendations for Young Readers
Emily Manning chats with kids, parents, and teachers about the best in children’s literature for ages 4 through 11. Discussions include reading tips and fun activities to do with children before, during, and after reading.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
The Blog of Anne Frank?: Taking on Social Roles through Online Writing
Anne Frank shared her experiences through a private diary that became public as a book. In this lesson, students will consider how writing creates social identities as they blog about a political issue.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Vote for Me! Making Presidential Commercials Using Avatars
After researching political platforms of past presidents through primary sources and other resources, students create commercials for these presidents using Voki, an online web tool that produces speaking avatars.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Developing Inferential Comprehension Through DL-TA and Discussion Webs
Students will love unwrapping this lesson about before, during, and after reading activities based on Margaree King Mitchell’s book, Grandaddy’s Gift.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  November 5
November 6 is Election Day.
Election Day is held on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 11
Pedro Albizu Campos leads the Puerto Rican Independence movement.
After learning about the story of Pedro Albizu Campos and his commitment to Puerto Rican independence, students research and share their learning about another nationalist figure from around the world.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Creating a Persuasive Podcast
Students learn how to get their voice out on the web when they research issues important to them and compose a persuasive podcast to post online.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan
The Magic of Three: Techniques for the Writer's Craft
Students learn to use tricolons—a writer's technique of putting words and phrases into groups of threes—to add rhythm and power to their writing.
page | 1 2