Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 30 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | Grades 9 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Preventing Plagiarism: Tips and Techniques
DeSena offers a practical guide on how high school and college teachers can structure assignments and guide students so that students don't plagiarize.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Exploring Plagiarism, Copyright, and Paraphrasing
Students investigate issues of plagiarism, fair use, and paraphrasing using KWL charts, discussion, and practice.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Research Building Blocks: “Cite Those Sources!”
Students learn the importance of crediting others for their words and ideas, and then learn the paraphrasing and citation skills necessary to avoid plagiarism.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Creative Outlining-From Freewriting to Formalizing
After reading a short story, students use freewriting as a catalyst for a literary analysis essay.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Prove It!: A Citation Scavenger Hunt
Students are challenged to find citations that support details about the characters, plot, or themes from a text.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
Useful for a wide variety of reading and writing activities, this outlining tool allows students to organize up to five levels of information.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Research Building Blocks: Notes, Quotes, and Fact Fragments
Students are guided through the process of taking notes while reading factual information, then turning those notes into new sentences and paragraphs written in their own words.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Campaigning for Fair Use: Public Service Announcements on Copyright Awareness
Students explore a range of resources on fair use and copyright then design their own audio public service announcements (PSAs), to be broadcast over the school’s public address system.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 10 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
“Licensed” to Drive: Old West Figures
This lesson invites students to create a “Driver’s License” for characters that have made a contribution to western expansion in the United States.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Student Interactive | Organizing & Summarizing
This tool allows students to create an online K-W-L chart. Saving capability makes it easy for them to start the chart before reading and then return to it to reflect on what they learned.