Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 20 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Activity & Project
Add Seasons to Rhyming Poems and Songs
Choose favorite rhyming songs or nursery rhymes then replace the rhyming words with seasonal themes.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 6 | Calendar Activity |  August 21
Monarch butterflies begin their migration in the fall.
After exploring the ways that monarch butterflies react to seasons, students complete an inquiry study to examine how other things change because of the seasons and create a class anthology.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Lesson Plan
The Magic of Three: Techniques for the Writer's Craft
Students learn to use tricolons—a writer's technique of putting words and phrases into groups of threes—to add rhythm and power to their writing.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  May 18
Raymond Carver was inducted into the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters in 1988.
Students identify characteristics of Carver's work and compare them to other authors, as well as to literary minimalism. Students then write original poems or short stories in minimalist style.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 7 | Calendar Activity |  February 29
Today is Leap Day!
Our solar year is 365.24219 days. Since our calendar does not deal in partial days, every four years, we add an additional day to February.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Unwinding A Circular Plot: Prediction Strategies in Reading and Writing
Students use graphic organizers to explore plot in circular stories while focusing on prediction and sequencing. After exploring the features of circular plot stories, students write their own stories.
- Classroom Resources | Grade K | Lesson Plan | Unit
Writing Reports in Kindergarten? Yes!
This lesson encourages young students to see themselves as writers with a message to convey. Three types of reports are provided to show what kindergartners and emergent writers can do.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Completing the Circle: The Craft of Circular Plot Structure
Students identify, explore and apply the elements of circle plot structures to their own stories by using graphic organizers, reading and writing stories, and using checklists to assess their work.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Game & Tool
Diamante poems are poems where the longest line comes in the middle, creating a diamond-like shape. The Diamante Poems tool helps children write these patterned poems.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Printout | Writing It Out
My Amazing ABC Book
Children who are learning to read and write letters and words will love making their very own ABC book.
page | 1 2